Disabled Access checklist
Making your services accessible need not cost a lot of money, just some thought and minor changes. Your group or organisation may have duties under the Disability Discrimination Act.
Things to think about.
- Hearing loop
- Disabled toilet
- Flat access, or ramp
- Clear signs Eg entrance, exit, loo etc
- Do you know where to obtain advice on the above?
- Can you provide information about your organisations activities in large print, audiotape or other formats on request?
- Is your organisation able to help provide transport where needed for disabled people to meetings?
- A lot of disabled people would like to join groups etc, but transport can be a real barrier.
For further information on disabled access
issues please contact
East Sussex Disability Association or call on 01323 514500