Events Search and Views Navigation
- This event has passed.
Parent & Carer Seminar: Reducing Anxiety and Emotional Dysregulation – Eastbourne
July 13 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
First of all, there is no blame … many children (and adults) have never been taught how to return to a ‘safe state’ when they feel stressed or out-of-balance.
The aim of this seminar is to provide parents & carers with evidenced-based, practical activities, to calm their anxious child.
What You Will Learn:
* The biological response to anxiety.
* How our nervous systems works including; the stress and relaxation response.
* The effects of stress on the body and how it impacts us; physically, psychologically, and socially.
* Sensory integration – including an awareness of how a child’s behaviour could be linked to sensory dysregulation.
* The concept of therapeutic parenting, attachment, and coregulation.
* Practical ‘hands-on’ ideas to take home.
The seminar will have a balance of theory and practical.
With lots of free resources to access.
What others have said about this workshop:
‘I attended a two-hour workshop yesterday on a subject I had no knowledge, I found its extremely informative and very professional and Tracys passion and knowledge came across in abundance. I would totally recommend this workshop or working privately with this lovely lady’ A. Longsdale
‘I attended the workshop for anxious children. As a parent and counseling student I found it to be very informative, well prepared and very sensitive in addressing the presenting problems. I look forward to the up coming future sessions. I would highly recommend this service. Thank you xx’ L.Strudwick
‘I really enjoyed the parent/carer workshop of dealing with anxious children on the 11 June, I was blown away with all your knowledge and found the tips and resources you gave on this course very useful.’ W.Guldemond
To book click HERE
Please note with all workshops/training – tickets are refundable up to 12 days prior to the date of the course. Any cancellation with less than 12 days notice are NON-REFUNDABLE