This entry was last updated: 17th April, 2017
We offer a rolling programme of activities in Newhaven for families with children under 8 years. This includes social activities, parent and children’s groups such as ‘Jitterbugs’ and specialist workshops and courses to increase skills and confidence to support children’s learning and development. We also provide the opportunity to be involved in our Parents Forum to steer Family Learning activities and receive individualised training. All family members/carers and children are welcome.
In Newhaven we have an award winning Youth Forum representing a voice for young people as well as a Youth Drop-In service providing Information, Advice and Guidance, Youth Counselling, Physical Activity programme, Youth Clubs and Summer Programme. All young people aged 8 and 18 years are welcome.
We also run activities and courses for Youth and Families in other location in the Lewes District, including local schools.
All of our activities are run in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment and include fun, hands on activities. Our current programme of activities can be found here: Youth and Family Activities or on our Facebook Page here: Facebook.
- Newhaven Young People’s Forum meet monthly
- Newhaven Families Forum meet every six weeks
- Monday Youth Club for 8 – 12 year olds at Lewes Road Hut, Robinson Road, Newhaven. 5pm-7pm.
- Wednesday Youth Club for 13+ year olds at Lewes Road Hut, Robinson Road, Newhaven. 7pm-9pm.
- Friday Youth Club for 13+ year olds at Denton and Mount Pleasant Social Hut, Denton Road, Newhaven. 7pm-9pm.
- Youth Counselling by referral only
- Platform Nine- Wednesdays 4pm-6pm a Drop-In advice and Guidance service for support with Sexual Health, Relationships, Employment, Well-being, Substance Misuse and much more.
- YouthtoYouth.co.uk – Online support for young people run by young people for young people.
- Jitterbugs parent and toddler group 9:30am-10:30am on Fridays at Denton Island Community Centre.
- Jitterbugs parent and toddler group 1:30pm-2:30pm on Thursdays at Seaford Children’s Centre.
- ESCC Family Learning Courses; First Aid, Sewing, Numbers and Play, Sensory Play and much more.
Charity no: 1094905
Accessibility and additional needs
Our premises are accessible to people with disabilities
AddressDenton Island Community Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven, BN9 9BA