This entry was last updated: 5th May, 2018
Computer buddy volunteers
Computer buddies are volunteers who spend time in libraries helping out when people get stuck using our computers and the Internet. Sometimes they may be able to help you with your own device as well.
If you know the basics of using computers but can get stumped by quite simple problems like the menu bar disappearing or filling in an online form, just ask for details of buddies in your area.
How to book
You can ask for general help and advice when a buddy is available in the libraries below, or book a session by phoning 0345 6080196.
- Battle Library – Wednesdays 10.30am to 12 noon. Thursdays 12 noon to 2pm. Available in library or book in advance
- Bexhill Library – Mondays 10.15am to 12.15pm. Tuesdays 2.15pm to 3.45pm. Wednesdays 2pm – 4pm. Thursdays 2pm – 6pm. Fridays 2pm – 4pm
- Crowborough Library – Ring Crowborough Library to book a place.
- Eastbourne Library – Monday to Saturday, morning and afternoon sessions.
- Hailsham Library – Thursday 10am – 12 noon. Saturday 10am – 12 noon.
- Hastings Library – Ring and ask to speak to Hastings Library for details.
- Heathfield Library – Monday 10 – 12. Tuesday 10 – 12.
- Hollington Library – Thursdays 11am -12.30pm please contact the library to book your place.
- Lewes Library – Tuesday 2 – 4. Saturday 10.30 – 12.30.
- Newhaven Library – Tuesdays 10am to 12 noon, Thursdays 1pm – 2.30pm and Fridays 2pm to 4pm. Advance booking is recommended
- Peacehaven Library – Tuesday 10 – 12 term time only. Tuesday 2pm – 4pm and Friday 2pm to 4pm
- Seaford Library – Monday 2 – 4. Tuesday 10 – 12. Wednesday 10 – 12.Thursday 2 – 4. Saturday 10 – 12.
- Uckfield Library – Tuesday mornings.
We offer Learndirect courses in libraries. You need to visit a learning centre first to sign up.
You can also watch training videos – called Atomic Training – to learn how to use the most popular computer software, including Microsoft, Apple and Google products. You’ll need to create an account using your library card number to watch these videos anywhere, in libraries or at home.
IT for You – Basic IT sessions
Learn how to use email, construct a CV, search and apply for work online and access online services and support.
Our IT for You volunteers offer 1 to 1 and group training sessions at:
Hailsham Library – Monday 12.30pm
Crowborough Library – Tuesday 10.30am
Heathfield Library – Tuesday 2.30pm
Newhaven Library – Tuesday 12.00pm
Lewes Library – Thursday 10.30am
Uckfield Library – Thursday 10.30am
Eastbourne Library – Friday 10.30am
To book, phone 01323 463759 or drop in to a participating library during the IT for You session.