Benfield Wildlife and Conservation Group
Benfield Wildlife Group was formed in 1991, and by 1992 had successfully campaigned for the creation of Hove’s first Local Nature Reserve(LNR) on Benfield Hill. The Benfield valley forms one of the very few remaining green tongues of open land remaining in Brighton and Hove, linking the town to the Downs.
Our aims and objectives are:-
- To protect and enhance Benfield Hill and Valley, including the Reserve.
- To encourage community involvement in conservation.
- To survey and monitor wildlife and habitats.
- To enhance the ecological value of the Reserve.
- Management of the Reserve, to encourage the chalkland plants, butterflies etc to flourish.
Hove, Brighton and Hove, UK