Are you thinking about setting up a new business? Her Biz, the 'virtual' Women's Start-Up programme is returning to support aspiring female entrepreneurs in East Sussex and Kent.
Her Biz is designed specifically to encourage more women to start a business, why not, turn your idea/hobby into a reality with the chance to WIN £500!
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 10th January 2024.
To increase female entrepreneurship locally, we are offering women living in East Sussex and Kent a fantastic opportunity to come together to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to launch a successful business.
This inspiring programme has been specifically created to help encourage women to set up a new business. From refining your business idea to marketing and managing your finances, we can help you to prepare to successfully start your business.
That's why we also include an optional competition to give you the chance to win £500 towards your start-up costs. Following the course, you will have 6 weeks to submit your completed business plan to enter, and it's open to all those selected to participate on the course.
So far, we have held over 30 successful rounds of the Her Biz programme across East Sussex and Kent over the past 4 years, each one over-subscribed, so we urge you to apply now to avoid disappointment!
The programme will help you to:
- Explore and clarify your business idea
- Research your target market and understand your competitors
- Develop your business model and kick-start your business plan
- Help you to understand the numbers, create projections and explore funding options
- Start shaping your marketing strategy incl. online and social media presence
- Set your business goals
- Overview of business types, tax and insurance, accounting software, bank accounts
- Tools to help with taking the next step
- Gain peer support from like-minded people
- The programme also includes a 1-2-1 session our Start-Up Coach to refine your business plan or discuss your business on a deeper level.
The programme consists of 4 x 2.5 hour sessions, each from 10 am to 12:30 pm.
- Friday 19th January - Exploring your idea and shape your business plan
- Friday 26th January - Understanding financials and funding options
- Friday 2nd February - Marketing, social media and online presence
- Friday 9th February - Practicalities of getting started
Please apply by Wednesday 10th January to be considered.
Prior to the workshops you will receive a telephone call to chat about your idea and the structure of the programme.
Please note - we have limited spaces, so not all those that apply will get a place.
These FREE sessions will take place via Zoom, you can access Zoom easily from your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone. Join our experienced Start-Up Coaches for a series of 4 x 2 1/2 hour sessions starting Friday 19th January 2024.
Please note that previous participants have done so whilst caring for children and juggling other distractions. So don't let that be a barrier and if you have any specific needs or cannot attend all the sessions in your location please just drop us a line to [email protected] and we can discuss options.
Identify as female
Living/based in East Sussex/Kent
Open to anyone that's not yet up and running or has registered as self-employed or a company within the last 12 months.
We look forward to hearing from you!
This popular programme is delivered by Let's Do Business Group in partnership with NatWest.